By Val R. Adams
A severe evaluation our present realizing of camptothecins, their shortcomings, and of the chances for bettering their scientific functionality. The authors talk about new camptothecin analog improvement, drug supply matters for optimizing their anticancer job, and their power use in various diversified cancers. extra chapters describe what's identified concerning the biochemistry, the pharmacology, and the chemistry of the camptothecins, together with the mechanism of topoisomerase and the way camptothecins poison this enzyme, using animal versions in defining the anticancer strength of camptothecins, and the query of camptothecin resistance.
Read Online or Download Camptothecins in Cancer Therapy PDF
Similar oncology books
The gastrointestinal tune presents one of many special structures the place a number of malignancies, together with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, esophagus and colon are every one linked to weight problems. This precise organization is roofed during this quantity of strength stability and melanoma from the epidemiologic, biologic and power etiologic standpoint.
With an annual cost of greater than 12 million worldwide diagnoses and seven. 6 million deaths, the societal and fiscal burden of melanoma can't be overstated. mind metastases are the commonest malignant tumors of the imperative worried procedure, but their occurrence seems to be expanding regardless of the development of melanoma cures.
This quantity develops effects on non-stop time branching tactics and applies them to check fee of tumor progress, extending vintage paintings at the Luria-Delbruck distribution. hence, the writer calculate the likelihood that mutations that confer resistance to remedy are current at detection and quantify the level of tumor heterogeneity.
- The EGF Receptor Family: Biologic Mechanisms and Role in Cancer
- Signaling Pathways in Squamous Cancer
- Medicinal Mushrooms - Cancer treatments
- Drugs for HER-2-positive Breast Cancer (Milestones in Drug Therapy)
- Advances in Surgical Pathology: Mesothelioma
Additional resources for Camptothecins in Cancer Therapy
Duann P, Sun M, Lin CT, Zhang H, Liu LF. 1999 Plasmid linking umber change induced by topoisomerase I-mediated DNA damage. Nucleic Acids Res 27:2905–2911. 114. Desai SD, Liu LF, Vazquez-Abad D, D’Arpa P. 1997 Ubiquitin-dependent destruction of topoisomerase I is stimulated by the antitumor drug camptothecin. J Biol Chem 272: 24159–24164. 115. Mao Y, Desai SD, Ting CY, Hwang J, Liu LF. 2001 26 S proteasome-mediated degradation of topoisomerase II cleavable complexes. J Biol Chem 276:40652–40658.
168. Rodriguez MS, Desterro JM, Lain S, Midgley CA, Lane DP, Hay RT. 1999 SUMO-1 modification activates the transcriptional response of p53. EMBO J 18:6455–6461. 169. Sternsdorf T, Puccetti E, Jensen K, Hoelzer D, Will H, Ottmann OG, et al. 1999 PIC1/SUMO-1-modified PML-retinoic acid receptor alpha mediates arsenic trioxideinduced apoptosis in acute promyelocytic leukemia. Mol Cell Biol 19:5170–5178. Chapter 1 / Topoisomerase 1 Poisons 21 170. Muller S, Dejean A. 1999 Viral immediate-early proteins abrogate the modification by SUMO-1 of PML and Sp100 proteins, correlating with nuclear body disruption.
Ann N Y Acad Sci 922:306–308. 141. Desai SD, Li TK, Rodriguez-Bauman A, Rubin E, Liu LF. 2001 Ubiquitin/26S proteasome-mediated degradation of topoisomerase I as a resistance mechanism to camptothecin in tumor cells. Cancer Res 61:5926–5932. 142. Desai SD, Zhang H, Rodriguez-Bauman A, Yang JM, Wu X, Gounder MK, et al. 2003 Transcription-dependent degradation of topoisomerase I-DNA covalent complexes. Mol Cell Biol 23:2341–2350. 143. Eder JP, Rubin E, Stone R, Bryant M, Xi G-X, Supko J, et al. 1996 Trials of 9amino-20(S)-camptothecin in Boston.