By Andrew L. Folpe MD, Carrie Y. Inwards MD
Bone and smooth Tissue Pathology: A quantity within the Diagnostic Pathology sequence, via Andrew L. Folpe, MD and Carrie Y. Inwards, MD, packs brand new so much crucial bone and gentle tissue pathology information right into a compact, high-yield structure! The book's pragmatic, well-organized approach-complemented by way of considerable full-color, fine quality illustrations and at-a-glance tables-makes it effortless to entry the data you must fast and thoroughly determine pathology specimens. better of all, professional seek advice performance offers on-line entry to the complete textual content of the e-book, downloadable illustrations in your own use, and extra. the result's a pragmatic, reasonable reference for examine and evaluate in addition to for daily medical perform.
- Includes entry to the entire contents on-line, totally searchable, downloadable illustrations in your own use, and extra, permitting you to refer to the textual content a short, handy demeanour.
- Reviews common histology earlier than interpreting irregular findings, allowing you to comfortably evaluate their features in a single position at one time.
- Covers either neoplastic and non-neoplastic stipulations of bone and tender tissue to equip you to satisfy a variety of diagnostic demanding situations.
- Uses a constant, undemanding structure to discover each one entity's medical positive aspects, pathologic good points (gross and microscopic), ancillary experiences, differential diagnoses, and prognostic and healing considerations...making it effortless to find particular details on a specific entity.
- Features ample bins and tables all through that increase the presentation and accessibility of the fabric.
- Offers approximately 1,000 full-color, top quality illustrations that reveal the major gains of a large choice of pathologic lesions to facilitate higher accuracy in identity of specimens.
The Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology sequence solutions the decision for clean, cheap, and easy-to-use advice. every one region-specific quantity offers the entire so much crucial details at the pathologic entities encountered in perform. sequence Editor: John R. Goldblum, MD, FACP, FASCP, FACG Your buy entitles you to entry the website till the subsequent variation is released, or until eventually the present version is not any longer provided on the market via Elsevier, whichever happens first. Elsevier reserves the suitable to provide an appropriate substitute product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still entry to the website be discontinued.
Read or Download Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology: A Volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series, Expert Consult - Online and Print PDF
Similar oncology books
The gastrointestinal song offers one of many special structures the place a number of malignancies, together with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, esophagus and colon are each one linked to weight problems. This precise organization is roofed during this quantity of strength stability and melanoma from the epidemiologic, biologic and strength etiologic perspective.
With an annual fee of greater than 12 million worldwide diagnoses and seven. 6 million deaths, the societal and fiscal burden of melanoma can't be overstated. mind metastases are the most typical malignant tumors of the significant anxious procedure, but their prevalence seems to be expanding despite the development of melanoma cures.
This quantity develops effects on non-stop time branching methods and applies them to review price of tumor development, extending vintage paintings at the Luria-Delbruck distribution. for that reason, the writer calculate the likelihood that mutations that confer resistance to remedy are current at detection and quantify the level of tumor heterogeneity.
- Fluoropyrimidines in Cancer Therapy (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
- Complexities in Colorectal Surgery: Decision-Making and Management
- Neurological complications of systemic cancer and antineoplastic therapy
- Monoclonal Antibody and Peptide-Targeted Radiotherapy of Cancer
- Perry’s The Chemotherapy Source Book
Additional resources for Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology: A Volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series, Expert Consult - Online and Print
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 2005;13:1–5. Stevenson A, Chatten J, Bertoni F, et al: CD99 (p30/32MIC2) Neuroectodermal/Ewing’s sarcoma antigen as an immunohistochemical marker. Review of more than 600 tumors and the literature experience. Appl Immunohistochem 1994;2:231–240. Truong LD, Rangdaeng S, Cagle P, et al: The diagnostic utility of desmin. A study of 584 cases and review of the literature. Am J Clin Pathol 1990;93:305–314. van de Rijn M, Rouse R: CD34: A review. Appl Immunohistochem 1994;2:71–80.
These translocations disrupt certain genes and juxtapose portions of them, creating fusion genes with new structure and function because of the reassortment of functional domains habitually found in separated molecules. These chimeric fusion proteins are often transcription factors—that is, proteins that bind to regulatory regions of certain genes and help to control their expression. In many cases, they are involved in certain key functions for the cell, such as cellular proliferation or survival.
A clinicopathologic study of 57 patients and 58 tumors. Cancer 1990;66:1266–1275. Zarbo RJ, Gown AM, Nagle RB, et al: Anomalous cytokeratin expression in malignant melanoma: One- and two-dimensional western blot analysis and immunohistochemical survey of 100 melanomas. Mod Pathol 1990;3:494–501. Antonescu CR, Tschernyavsky SJ, Woodruff JM, et al: Molecular diagnosis of clear cell sarcoma: Detection of EWS-ATF1 and MITF-M transcripts and histopathological and ultrastructural analysis of 12 cases.