By Charles Wiener
The final examine companion, in line with the vintage content material of Harrison's ideas of inner medication, 17e
5 big name DOODY'S REVIEW!
"As Harrison's is without doubt one of the all-time accomplished texts of inner medication, this e-book is going some distance in delineating what crucial evidence needs to be mastered. The editors have assembled the specialists in medication, which makes this publication quite useful....The questions are posed, besides precious snap shots, in a fashion you will anticipate them at the exam. the reasons are direct from the mother or father textual content and comprehensive.... this can be one of many larger board reports to be had. it truly is complete and to the purpose. it's a invaluable instrument for someone getting ready for the interior drugs certification examination." -- Doody's assessment Service
When it involves getting ready for IM Board certification or recertification/maintenance of certification, there is no greater examine instrument than the one who bears the Harrison's identify: Harrison's rules of inner drugs, Self-Assessment and Board Review.
Reflecting all of the authority and accuracy of Harrison's seventeenth edition content material, this guidebook positive aspects greater than 1000 assessment questions, besides entire solutions and causes derived from--and cross-referenced to--the dad or mum textual content. additionally integrated are references to contemporary magazine articles that solidify your realizing of key information.
- content material that heavily follows the association and insurance of the seventeenth version of Harrison's ideas of inner Medicine
- greater than a thousand revised and up to date questions simulate these at the fundamental certification exam in inner medication
- High-yield content material displays the weighting of material incorporated at the inner medication exam Blueprint
- assurance spans the whole spectrum of inner medication
- NEW! multiplied colour Atlas insert
Read or Download Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Self-Assessment and Board Review PDF
Similar internal medicine books
A hugely targeted and hugely reasonable evaluation of the foremost techniques of emergency medication. "USMLE highway Map: Emergency medication" bargains an easy-to-follow define structure that simplifies and speeds the learning of the basic innovations of emergency drugs. High-yield proof, studying, assistance, and transparent causes built-in in the define advertise comprehension and bear in mind; scientific correlations built-in in the define hyperlink subject matters to their medical functions.
Retrieval drugs calls for scientific practitioners to operate in hugely variable and source restricted environments, in delivery settings and within the box. This middle textual content for retrievalists offers evidence-based administration and serves as an available source for useful, scientific counsel within the box and within the sanatorium atmosphere.
- Abord clinique d'une mission humanitaire
- Nanotechnology and Occupational Health
- Disaster Rules
- Ubiquity: Technologies for Better Health in Aging Societies
- Minor injury and minor illness at a glance
Additional info for Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, Self-Assessment and Board Review
29) Optic neuritis is a common inﬂammatory lesion of the optic nerve. In a large clinical study, the mean age of patients was 32 years and 75% of the patients were female. Pain is common with eye movement. Vision loss usually recovers somewhat even without treatment. Steroids hasten vision gain but do not alter the ﬁnal visual acuity. Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a primary concern for all newly diagnosed cases of optic neuritis. The 10-year cumulative likelihood of developing multiple sclerosis after an episode of optic neuritis is almost 40%.
9) Hypertension and diabetes are the most important chronic diseases whose prevalence increases with age. In those >65 years old, the prevalence of hypertension is estimated at 60–85%. These numbers will likely increase in the near future as the population ages and obesity is more prevalent. Recent data suggest that the frequency of uncontrolled hypertension is increasing in older adults in the United States. The presence of uncontrolled hypertension accelerates functional and cognitive decline in older adults.
214) Using the characteristics listed in the question, the CDC developed classiﬁcations of biologic agents that are based on their potential to be used as bioweapons. Six types of agents have been designated as category A: Bacillus anthracis, botulinum toxin, Yersinia pestis, smallpox, tularemia, and the many viruses that cause viral hemorrhagic fever. Those viruses include Lassa virus, Rift Valley fever virus, Ebola virus, and yellow fever virus. I-30. The answer is E. (Chaps. 18 and 149) Vibrio vulniﬁcus is a marine-borne gram-negative rod that causes overwhelming sepsis in the immunocompromised host, particularly cirrhotic patients.