By David A Gewirtz (Editor), Shawn Edan Holt (Editor), Steven Grant (Editor)
Read Online or Download Apoptosis Senescence and Cancer PDF
Similar oncology books
Energy Balance and Gastrointestinal Cancer
The gastrointestinal tune offers one of many detailed platforms the place a number of malignancies, together with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, esophagus and colon are every one linked to weight problems. This certain organization is roofed during this quantity of power stability and melanoma from the epidemiologic, biologic and strength etiologic point of view.
Brain Metastases from Primary Tumors. Epidemiology, Biology, and Therapy
With an annual price of greater than 12 million international diagnoses and seven. 6 million deaths, the societal and financial burden of melanoma can't be overstated. mind metastases are the commonest malignant tumors of the relevant apprehensive procedure, but their occurrence seems to be expanding inspite of the development of melanoma cures.
Branching Process Models of Cancer
This quantity develops effects on non-stop time branching procedures and applies them to check cost of tumor development, extending vintage paintings at the Luria-Delbruck distribution. thus, the writer calculate the chance that mutations that confer resistance to remedy are current at detection and quantify the level of tumor heterogeneity.
- Vegetables, Whole Grains, and Their Derivatives in Cancer Prevention
- Pre-Analytics of Pathological Specimens in Oncology
- Recombinant Antibodies for Cancer Therapy. Methods and Protocols
- DNA Repair in Cancer Therapy. Molecular Targets and Clinical Applications
Extra resources for Apoptosis Senescence and Cancer
Mol Cell Biol 2002; 22:3509–17. 190. Clausen T, Southan C, Ehrmann M. The HtrA family of proteases: implications for protein composition and cell fate. Mol Cell 2002; 10:443–55. 191. Suzuki Y, Imai Y, Nakayama H, Takahashi K, Takio K, Takahashi R. A serine protease, HtrA2, is released from the mitochondria and interacts with XIAP, inducing cell death. Mol Cell 2001; 8(3): 613–21. 192. Hegde R, Srinivasula SM, Zhang Z, et al. Identification of Omi/HtrA2 as a mitochondrial apoptotic serine protease that disrupts inhibitor of apoptosis protein-caspase interaction.
Dysregulation of apoptosis in cancer. J Clin Oncol 1999; 17(9):2941–53. 16. Makin G, Hickman JA. Apoptosis and cancer chemotherapy. Cell Tissue Res 2000; 301:143–52. 17. Johnstone RW, Ruefli AA, Lowe SW. Apoptosis. A link between cancer genetics and chemotherapy. Cell 2002; 108(2):153–64. 18. Schmitt CA, Fridman JS, Yang M, et al. A senescence program controlled by p53 and p16INK4a contributes to the outcome of cancer therapy. Cell 2002; 109:335–46. 19. Roninson IB. Tumor cell senescence in cancer treatment.
32. Ruchaud S, Korfali N, Villa P, et al. Caspase-6 gene knockout reveals a role for Lamin A cleavage in apoptotic chromatin condensation. EMBO J 2002; 21:1967–77. 33. Kothakota S, Azuma T, Reinhard C, et al. Caspase-3-generated fragment of gelsolin: effector of morphological change in apoptosis. Science 1997; 278(5336):294–8. Chapter 1 / The Intrinsic Pathway of Apoptosis 21 34. Kamada S, Kusano H, Fujita H, et al. A cloning method for caspase substrates that uses the yeast twohybrid system: cloning of the antiapoptotic gene gelsolin.