By Alexander Benlian (auth.)
Because of the expanding digitization and modularity of content material media businesses are challenged to use the received levels of freedom within the administration in their Most worthy asset. possibilities abound - reutilizing, bundling and pushing content material via diversified media channels resulting in better returns on funding. even if many reviews have tackled the matter of thoroughly allocating info, processing strength or IT-related choice rights some time past, the subject of media content material allocation has been ignored thus far.
making an allowance for strategic, organizational and technological components Alexander Benlian explores the query of even if to centralize or to decentralize media content material. The findings essentially emphasize the necessity to layout publishing corporations that stick with definite styles of congruency and consistency on the way to notice larger effectiveness. those saw styles or invariabilities could provide infrastructure managers with a benchmark opposed to which to re-evaluate the layout in their personal content material allocation configuration. Aligned content material infrastructures may be thought of to dramatically elevate the smoothness of content material flows and to augment creation and bundling functions.
Read Online or Download Content Infrastructure Management: Results of an empirical study in the print industry PDF
Similar information management books
Have you learnt what's the actual expense of your software program? ahead of you succeed in for a calculator, be forewarned that it is a trick query. Even know-how analysts and pro IT executives have trouble placing a troublesome determine at the overall rate of possession (TCO) of trendy company software ideas.
Even though buyer orientation is usually recommended in enterprise strategy administration, present modeling tools nonetheless have a robust concentrate on the company’s approaches. to make sure a lasting requirement of a firm’s provider, one should still contemplate the client actions that allows you to provide an further worth that successfully addresses his or her wishes.
Even though compliance criteria could be useful courses to writing entire defense guidelines, a number of the criteria nation an analogous specifications in somewhat other ways. info protection coverage improvement for Compliance: ISO/IEC 27001, NIST SP 800-53, HIPAA typical, PCI DSS V2. zero, and AUP V5.
From colonial instances to the current, the media in the United States has been topic to censorship demanding situations and rules. This finished reference consultant to media censorship presents in-depth insurance of every media layout? newspapers, magazines, movies, radio, tv, and the net? all of which were, and remain, battlegrounds for First modification matters.
- Safeguarding critical e-documents: implementing a program for securing confidential information assets
- The e-Policy Handbook: Rules and Best Practices to Safely Manage Your Company's E-Mail, Blogs, Social Networking, and Other Electronic Communication Tools
- Technology in Action, Complete (8th Edition)
- Data Quality and its Impacts on Decision-Making: How Managers can benefit from Good Data
- The Innovation SuperHighway: Harnessing Intellectual Capital for Collaborative Advantage
- Test-Driven Development: An Empirical Evaluation of Agile Practice
Extra resources for Content Infrastructure Management: Results of an empirical study in the print industry
Thus, theoretical flesh still has to be put on. That is, the particular variables and the logic of their relationships need to be ascertained. This may be viewed as the core of theorizing. Having laid the conceptual foundations of the research problem in this chapter, the development of a theoretical model on the allocation of media content will be taken up next. 14 Asking where and when a theory applies refers to contextual and temporal conditions that “[…] set the boundaries of generalizability, and as such constitute the range of the theory” (Whetten, 1989, p.
3. Logic and selection of reference theories 27 ual utility function). e. reducing information asymmetries) for storing media content centrally imposing sanctions when being violated. In the context of principal-agent models, that content allocation structure will prevail that minimizes agency costs for monitoring agents and implementing further incentive mechanisms. However, as there is little latitude and reason for agents to behave opportunistically7 with respect to the storage of media content, the PAT may at best be used complementary to transaction cost theory in order to explain the phenomenon of content allocation.
196) 18 Conceptual foundations the individual firm, thus comprising the allotment of content not within8, but among editorial units. e. 2-1). As one sub-type of media companies, which most basically can be defined as enterprises that purchase, produce, bundle, and distribute media content9 (Schumann/ Hess, 2005, p. 1), publishing companies differ greatly from broadcasting (TV and radio) and new media (Internet, Intranet, and Extranet) companies not only with regard to the quality and quantity of utilized media content (Benlian/ Hess, 2004, p.